[Rdap] Institution sponsorship for the RDAP 2019 Summit

Trisha Adamus adamus at wisc.edu
Tue Feb 26 16:48:01 EST 2019

Hello RDAP Community!

As an update, the sponsorship committee has raised $25K for the 2019 Summit! We have received sponsorship from several vendors and professional organizations, but we could use a few more sponsorship dollars from academic institutions. How can you help? Please consider sending the language I am including below to the people at your institution that can make financial decisions on sponsorship of RDAP. It would really help the Sponsorship Committee if we could reach more institutions by leveraging our community members. Thank you so much for considering. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have about RDAP sponsorship.

Best,
Trisha Adamus (chair) for the Sponsorship Committee

Dear <so and so>,

I hope this email finds you well. I am contacting you on behalf of the Research Data Access and Preservation Association (https://rdapassociation.org/). We are seeking financial assistance for our upcoming RDAP meeting in Miami on May 15-17, 2019.

Our annual summit of research data management professionals is a supportive, productive community from academic institutions, libraries, national research centers, nonprofits, and government agencies from across North America.  In mid-2018, RDAP became the RDAP Association, an independent, not for profit, professional association aimed advancing best practices in research data and providing professional development opportunities to our community.

RDAP 2018 included over 50 original research contributions, including panel presentations, posters, and lightning talks, which were combined with interactive learning and networking events. Over 165 professionals attended in 2018 and we expect more contributions and greater attendance for RDAP 2019.

Your support will go directly toward the costs of the summit: meeting space, supplies, and food. Any donation that you can make will defray these expenses, lower the registration fee, and thus lower the barrier for attendance and make the summit more successful. Lowering attendance costs is important because it allows more people to attend which, in turn, strengthens and expands the diversity of our community. Our 2018 Summit sponsors helped us lower registration cost by 52%.

To see what sponsorship opportunities are available, and what RDAP can offer in return, please visit our Sponsorship webpage (https://rdapassociation.org/summit-info/sponsors-2/). Any and all levels of support are greatly appreciated. You may contact also RDAP Sponsorship Chair Trisha Adamus (adamus at wisc.edu) for more information about sponsorship opportunities.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

YOUR NAME