[Rdap] little repositories and large datsets

Daureen Nesdill daureen.nesdill at utah.edu
Fri Jul 12 15:40:40 EDT 2019

A question for a Friday afternoon -
At this point we have a data repository with a max storage space of 1TB. We are just starting to get off the ground and most datasets submitted so far are tiny. The two large ones are housed on servers in our Center for High Performance Computing. They pay a fee to CHPC every 5 years for storage.

What are you all doing about large datasets TB - PB? How long will you maintain them? And how/who is paying for it?

Daureen

Daureen Nesdill, MS, MLIS
Research Data Management Librarian
The Faculty Center @ the Marriott Library