[Rdap] Lending Laptops

Labou, Stephanie slabou at UCSD.EDU
Wed Jun 26 10:52:34 EDT 2019

Hi Peace,

Our Data & GIS Lab has 10 laptops for checkout (only for use within the lab). Laptop specs:

Lenovo 14" T450s (x5)
Intel Core i5-5300U 2.3GHz (dual core)
8GB RAM
256GB SSD
Intel HD Graphics 5500 (onboard)
MacBook Pro 15" (x5)
Retina 15 inch, Mid 2015
Intel Core i7 2.5GHz (quad core)
16GB RAM
500GB SSD
Intel Iris Pro 1536MB

These don't get a lot of use, so I'm not sure how well they're working. In my opinion, these don't have enough RAM to be super useful for intensive data science projects; we use them mostly as loaner laptops for licensed data/GIS software.

Hope this helps!

-Stephanie

----
Stephanie Labou
Data Science Librarian
The Library | University of California, San Diego
slabou at ucsd.edu<mailto:slabou at ucsd.edu> | 858-822-4808