[Rdap] Call for Expressions of Interest in hosting the annual Open Repositories Conference in 2021
Dunn, Jon William Butcher
jwd at iu.edu
Mon Mar 18 14:08:26 EDT 2019
View this text online: https://www.openrepositories.org/2019/02/25/eoi-2021/
The Open Repositories Steering Committee seeks Expressions of Interest (EoI) from candidate host organizations for the 2021 Open Repositories Annual Conference series. Proposals from the Americas will be given first consideration.
The Open Repositories Steering Committee is accepting Expressions of Interest (EoI) to host the OR2021 conference until April 30th, 2019. Shortlisted sites will be notified by the end of May 2019 and invited to submit a full proposal.
Candidate institutions must have the ability to host at least a four-day conference with up to 450 attendees (see the list of past conferences<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/or11/Open+Repositories+Conference+Handbook#OpenRepositoriesConferenceHandbook-OpenRepositories:Past,Present,andFuture> which includes the number of attendees where available). This includes appropriate access to conference facilities, lodging, and transportation, as well as the ability to manage a range of supporting services (food services, internet services, and conference social events; conference website; management of registration and online payments; etc.). The candidate institutions and their local arrangements committee must have the means to support the costs of producing the conference through attendee registration and independent fundraising. In addition, candidate institutions should consider the OR Statement on Inclusion and Openness<https://www.openrepositories.org/2018/02/27/open-repositories-statement-on-inclusion-and-openness/> as well as our Code of Conduct<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/or11/Open+Repositories+Code+of+Conduct> to determine whether there are conditions in the local environment that might conflict with these positions or prevent travel for large portions of the attendees.
Fuller guidance is provided in the Open Repositories Conference Handbook<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/or11/Open+Repositories+Conference+Handbook> on the Open Repositories wiki<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/or11/OR+Steering+Committee+Home>.
Expressions of Interest Guidelines
Organisations interested in proposing to host the OR2021 conference should follow the steps listed below:
1. Expressions of Interest (EoIs) must be received by April 30th, 2019. Please direct these EoIs and any enquiries to OR Steering Committee Chair Elin Stangeland - elin.stangeland at ub.uio.no.
2. As noted above, the Open Repositories wiki has a set of pages at Open Repositories Conference Handbook<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/or11/Open+Repositories+Conference+Handbook> which offers guidelines for organising an Open Repositories conference. Candidate institutions should pay particular attention to the pages listed at "Preparing a bid" before submitting an EoI.
3. The EoI should be fairly brief (1-2 pages, or email length), and must include:
1. the name of the institution (or institutions in the case of a joint bid)
2. an email address for the first point of contact
3. the proposed location for the conference venue with a brief paragraph describing the local amenities that would be available to delegates, including its proximity to a reasonably well-served airport
4. The OR Steering Committee will review proposals and may seek advice from additional reviewers. Following the review, one or more institutions will be invited to submit a detailed proposal.
5. Invitations to submit a detailed proposal will be issued by the end of May 2019; institutions whose interest will not be taken up will also be notified at that time. The invitations sent out will provide a timeline for submitting a formal proposal and details of additional information available to the shortlisted sites for help in the preparation of their bid. The OR Steering Committee will be happy to answer specific queries whilst proposals are being prepared.
About Open Repositories
Since 2006 Open Repositories has hosted an annual conference that brings together users and developers of open digital repository platforms. For further information about Open Repositories and links to past conference sites, please visit the OR home page: https://www.openrepositories.org.
Subscribe to announcements about Open Repositories conferences by joining the OR Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/open-repositories.
Please feel free to reflect this call for Expressions of Interest out through your communities.
Elin Stangeland and Sarah Shreeves
for the Open Repositories Steering Committee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RDAP