[Rdap] Become a member of the RDAP Association + elections for the 2019/20 Executive Board

Erica Mehan Johns emj73 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 22 10:22:41 EDT 2019

Hi All,

The 2018/19 RDAP Association Executive Board (EB) would like to formally announce our membership drive, with the almost immediate benefit of voting for the 2019/20 RDAP Association Executive Board (EB) members. The EB provides a wonderful opportunity to serve on a national committee of a professional association and garner some leadership experience. The EB is in the exciting position of leading a brand new professional organization and guiding its continued development. The 2018/19 EB has provided the foundational layer of infrastructure, and we can't wait to see how next year's EB works towards a strategic plan, sustainable membership model, and continued support for our burgeoning community through educational resources and training, publishing, and networking opportunities. Please consider becoming a member<https://rdapassociation.org/rdap-membership/> of the RDAP Association today so that you may vote in the 2019 elections. In addition, please consider nominating yourself as an Executive Board candidate (a nomination form will be sent out to members soon).

Membership

Last year RDAP became independent from ASIS&T and began its journey to become a self-reliant community for data information professionals. Over the course of this year RDAP leadership has been working hard to develop the high-quality annual summit you have come to expect and to instantiate RDAP as a not-for-profit association. We have drafted the RDAP Association values statement, written up our by-laws, and incorporated RDAP as an association in the state of Ohio. In addition, we have worked with many of you to support our community including offering multiple webinars, maintaining an active listserv, and sponsoring a special issue of JeSLIB with articles developed from RDAP 2018 Summit.

As we approach our second year as an independent organization, we would like to ask you to become an official voting member of the RDAP Association. For this year only we are not charging a membership fee. Instead, we are asking for a donation from you based on what you feel membership in the RDAP Association is worth. We will continue to work hard over the next year to demonstrate the value of an RDAP Association membership and to listen to your thoughts and suggestions for how to do so. In the meantime, we ask that you consider making a donation to help the RDAP Association with startup expenses, like our 501(c)(3) application fees and conference production costs. Please donate what you can to help support this volunteer run, professional association, that focuses on data practitioners. Thank you!

Become an RDAP member today<https://rdapassociation.org/rdap-membership/>

Elections

RDAP will soon launch an election for a new Executive Board for the 2019-20 term. Voting will be limited to members only, so be sure to sign up for membership to RDAP (it's free for this year!) as soon as you can.

Please consider running for a position on the Executive Board.  As a newly independent community focused association, RDAP's success depends upon people stepping up to serve in these positions. Serving on the Executive Board is an opportunity to help shape a young and dynamic organization and it looks pretty good on your CV! An announcement and a nomination form will be sent out to members soon.

Executive Board elections are separate from volunteer leadership opportunities on the RDAP action committees. Solicitations for volunteers for the action committees will take place at the 2019 RDAP Summit and soon afterwards online.
A full list of positions on the RDAP Executive Board and action committees, as well as current office holders, can be found on the RDAP website<https://rdapassociation.org/home/rdap-leadership/>.

Let us know if you have any questions<https://rdapassociation.org/contact-us/>!

The RDAP Executive Board

Erica M. Johns
Head of Research Services & Scholarly Engagement, Mann Library
President, The RDAP Association Executive Board

Liaison to BEE, EEB, FSAD, NTRES departments
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3068-3143

Albert R. Mann Library
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853