[Rdap] FW: DataONE Webinar Series: Quantifying FAIR: Metadata Improvement and Guidance in the DataONE Repository Network

Amanda L Whitmire thalassa at stanford.edu
Tue May 7 15:12:23 EDT 2019

I think some of you may be interested in this DataONE webinar happening next week.

Cheers!
Amanda

From: Amber Budden <aebudden at dataone.unm.edu>
Date: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 11:59 AM
To: "Amanda L. Whitmire" <thalassa at stanford.edu>
Subject: DataONE Webinar Series: Quantifying FAIR: Metadata Improvement and Guidance in the DataONE Repository Network

Upcoming DataONE Webinar: Quantifying FAIR

Can't see images? Click here...<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xMTUwODE0MjA3ODE4NjAyMTc1JmM9aTlpMCZlPTg1MzEzJmI9MjQ4ODg5Njc0JmQ9dDVhNWk4aw==.xvCZQfq1ErKXJveRjr0jsk_GzFCbZXrR_MzbJcGH3Ts>

[https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/1173/1173052/images/ddedbd3d82c054f14e5305a4e33cc31c7a1624ae.png/8a6525b4594732a90a7e826b8f25a61c881c3f95.png]

[https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/1173/1173052/images/8284009fe201d765420cf97dfdb113bb5c42ad92.jpeg/4d148a37bdf710f163c7fe5150ae216c254ec484.jpeg]

DataONE Webinar Series

Quantifying FAIR: Metadata Improvement and Guidance in the DataONE Repository Network

Matt Jones, NCEAS
Peter Slaughter, NCEAS

Tuesday May 14th
0900 PT / 1000 MT / 1100 CT / 1200 ET

Abstract:

DataONE has consistently focused on interoperability among data repositories to enable seamless access to well-described data on the Earth and the environment. Our existing services promote data discovery and access through harmonization of the diverse metadata specifications used across communities, and through our integrated data search portal and services. In terms of the FAIR principles, we have done a good job at Findable and Accessible, while as a community we have placed less emphasis on Interoperable and Reusable. We will present new DataONE services for quantitatively assessing metadata completeness and effectiveness relative to the FAIR principles. The services produce guidance for FAIRness at both the level of an individual data set and trends through time for repository, user, and funder data collections.

For more information and speaker bios visit: https://www.dataone.org/upcoming-webinar<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xMTUwODE0MjA3ODE4NjAyMTc1JmM9aTlpMCZlPTg1MzEzJmI9MjQ4ODg5Njc2JmQ9azF0MHUwbw==.Rl2iP0IXZ1uEBNe_UY1AGASq-H4DAF0F5b7bl6oSl78>

*Please note: Capacity is set to 100 attendees. Registration does not guarantee admission if we exceed capacity. You may still be able to call in via phone.

[cid:image005.png at 01D504CE.1FE7B2B0]

Best Regards,
Amber Budden
Director for Community Engagement and Outreach, DataONE
aebudden at dataone.unm.edu<mailto:aebudden at dataone.unm.edu>
505.205.7675

[https://bucket.mlcdn.com/images/icons/share-icons/like.png]

[https://bucket.mlcdn.com/images/icons/share-icons/tweet.png]

[https://bucket.mlcdn.com/images/icons/share-icons/forward.png]

You received this email because you signed up on our website, are a member of the DataONE Users Group or registered for a DataONE sponsored activity.

www.DataONE.org<https://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT0xMTUwODE0MjA3ODE4NjAyMTc1JmM9aTlpMCZlPTg1MzEzJmI9MjQ4ODg5Njk0JmQ9ZzRiNmQyZw==.eltMQUAEjdKFfn-RbR8taFcx58Oai8i0qen7FCqpKn8>