[Rdap] UC Berkeley is hiring

Amy Neeser aneeser at berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 5 12:36:06 EST 2019

Hi RDAP,

As a reminder, UC Berkeley is hiring a Research Data Management Service Lead
<https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&JobOpeningId=1776&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=21&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant>.
This is a great opportunity for someone to work at the intersection of
libraries and IT. Our first review will begin in mid-November.

Amy Neeser

UC Berkeley is seeking a collaborative and inclusive Research Data
Management (RDM) Service Lead whose principal role will be to oversee the
RDM Program, which has university-wide scope to provide tools, consulting,
and education to researchers across campus who are working with data. The
RDM Program is a partnership between the University Library and Research,
Teaching and Learning (RTL).

Working collaboratively with a diverse team of experts from multiple campus
departments, the RDM Lead ensures the effective design, coordination, and
delivery of the Program’s services, initiatives and projects. They are a
campus resource on local, national and international RDM developments and
activities and their impact on scholarly inquiry and instruction.

The RDM Program Service Lead works at the intersection of high priority
initiatives that have campus-wide impact on research and scholarship. UC
Berkeley’s innovative RDM Program is founded on a strong partnership
between the Library and Research IT, and our programmatic approach to
consultation has built trust with our research community. Because of our
holistic approach to service assessment, development and measurement, we
have helped the campus enhance existing services and develop new
capabilities needed by our diverse research community. We are especially
engaged in developing new services for researchers working with sensitive
and restricted data.

For more information, including responsibilities, qualifications, and
application instructions, please see our *job posting*
<https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&JobOpeningId=1776&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=21&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant>
for more information.

--
Amy Neeser