[Rdap] Questions for researchers about data mgt practices and philosophy

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Wed Nov 6 10:13:12 EST 2019

Hello everyone,
We're interviewing candidates for the position of research scientist, and
I'm on the schedule to meet with each candidate to discuss long term
research & data management (much of our data fall into the long term
research bucket, e.g. long term monitoring).

If you have been part of a team interviewing research scientists,
specifically in the life sciences, I'd like to hear what prepared questions
you asked about data curation or management.

FYI my institution is a non-profit ecological research institution that is
largely funded by federal grants.  Teaching is limited to NSF funded
undergraduate research interns in the summers, and graduate student courses
during mid-winter break.  We host many graduate students, visiting
scientists, and a rotating cohort of post-docs.  I am the library director,
data and data repository manager, and de facto archivist.

Thanks!
Amy

--

Amy C. Schuler
Director, Information Services & Library

Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies
2801 Sharon Turnpike
Millbrook, NY
845-677-5343 ext 164 <(845)%20677-5343>