[Rdap] Fantastic Futures Conference (AI in libraries)

Amanda L Whitmire thalassa at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 6 16:46:03 EST 2019

Hi all,

Stanford is hosting the Fantastic Futures conference very soon (4-6 December). I’ve attached a flyer and the conference website is here: https://library.stanford.edu/projects/fantastic-futures.

The full name of the conference is, “Fantastic Futures: 2nd International Conference on AI for Libraries, Archives, and Museums,” and it is described thus: “What role will libraries, archives, and museums play, as trusted sources of information, when more and more of the information we consume is algorithmically generated? How will the values of neutrality, privacy, authority, and preservation that these institutions advance help shape AI. How will our institutions adapt these values to a changing landscape? How can we put AI to work for us, to transform and elevate our services beyond 20th century modalities?”

I’m particularly excited for Day 2, which has workshops split across 5 tracks. I’ll be attending the track related to text to learn some things about how to conduct text analysis using computational methods.

Anyhow – it’s short notice, but please check it out if this is relevant to your work. Feel free to forward this to folks who may be interested.

All the best,
Amanda

Amanda L. Whitmire, Ph.D. (she/hers)
Head Librarian & Bibliographer, Harold A. Miller Library
Assistant to the Director, Hopkins Marine Station
120 Ocean View Blvd, Pacific Grove, CA 93950

http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2429-8879
thalassa at stanford.edu<mailto:thalassa at stanford.edu>
831.655.6228 | @AWhitTwit
--
I observe email-free evenings and weekends.