[Rdap] research platforms, more

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Fri Oct 4 11:30:45 EDT 2019

Daureen and all,
you might check out DataOne's software tools catalog,
https://www.dataone.org/software-tools/kepler  - tools  like Kepler  may be
of interest.

You might be thinking of programming environments/interactive dev
environment, most scientists use one or more, such as:

Jupyter Notebook,
https://jupyter.org/
Binder
https://mybinder.org/
And of course.my favorite, RStudio and the myriad R packages
https://rstudio.com/

For data repos in the life sciences, you should check out DataOne's member
nodes (my institution's data repo is but one).

A couple data repos with added data services like:
ICPSR https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/
Hydroshare (previously mentioned on this list)
Environmental Data Initiative, FEMC, etc (both of these are DataOne members)

And there are some geo sample registries +  tools, such as:
System for Earth Sample Registration SESAR  http://www.geosamples.org/

The list  could go on and on!  :)
Amy

--

Amy C. Schuler
Director, Information Services & Library

Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies
2801 Sharon Turnpike
Millbrook, NY
845-677-5343 ext 164 <(845)%20677-5343>