[Rdap] Innovative STEM library/non-library spaces

Carolyn Bishoff cbishoff at umn.edu
Wed Feb 19 17:37:35 EST 2020

There are several spaces like what you’re describing at University of
Minnesota. Most have photos or renderings. I think. :)

Makerspaces
https://www.lib.umn.edu/services/makerspaces

Collaboration studio
https://www.lib.umn.edu/wilsonstudio

SMART Learning Commons
Integrates tutoring, library support for student-produced media.
Partnership between Libraries and Office of Undergraduate Education.
https://www.lib.umn.edu/smart

Toaster Innovation Hub (opened Monday)
https://www.continuum.umn.edu/2019/12/making-the-toaster/
https://www.lib.umn.edu/walter/toaster/space

Health Sciences Library spaces (opening this year)
https://www.continuum.umn.edu/2019/04/the-spaces-of-the-new-health-sciences-libraries/