[Rdap] Call for Submissions: Artificial Intelligence for Data Discovery and Reuse 2020

Hannah C. Gunderman hgunderm at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 27 20:47:54 EST 2020

Dear RDAP,
We're excited to be hosting this conference again at CMU! Please see our call for submissions below:
Submit an Abstract by March 31, 2020 for this symposium at CMU

AIDR Symposium 2020: Artificial Intelligence for Data Discovery and Reuse<https://events.library.cmu.edu/aidr2020/>
May 11, 2020
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA

Co-organized by Carnegie Mellon University Libraries and School of Computer Science, AIDR Symposium 2020<https://events.library.cmu.edu/aidr2020/> aims to find innovative solutions to accelerate the dissemination and reuse of scientific data in the data revolution using the power of AI.

The explosion in the volume and complexity of scientific data has made it increasingly challenging to find high quality data, evaluate data quality, integrate datasets, reproduce results, and reuse data for new discoveries. Last year, the NSF-supported inaugural AIDR 2019<https://events.library.cmu.edu/aidr2019/> engaged many lively discussions from a wide range of communities to talk about innovative AI tools, algorithms and applications to make data more discoverable and reusable. This year, we are following up with a one-day AIDR Symposium to continue these conversations and build interdisciplinary collaborations.

We invite AI researchers and practitioners, the scientific data community and the data management community to send abstract submissions<https://events.library.cmu.edu/aidr2020/call-for-submissions/> that share applications of AI/ML to challenges related to the discovery, reuse and management of data across disciplinary boundaries. We especially encourage sharing work-in-progress and novel initiatives that can stimulate discussions and collaborations. Abstract submissions will be accepted for short talks, lightning talks, posters and digital demos, and panel discussions.

To submit, to register or to learn more, visit: https://events.library.cmu.edu/aidr2020/

We hope you will be able to join us at AIDR Symposium 2020, and have a chance to share your thoughts on how we can work together to build a healthy data ecosystem. Please do not hesitate to contact aidr at andrew.cmu.edu<mailto:aidr at andrew.cmu.edu>  with questions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warmly,

Hannah C. Gunderman, Ph.D. Geography (she/her/hers)
Research Data Management Consultant | University Libraries Faculty
Lead, Research Data Services
Carnegie Mellon University
410A Hunt Library | 412-268-7258
4909 Frew Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
hgunderm at andrew.cmu.edu<mailto:hgunderm at andrew.cmu.edu>

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hannahcgunderman/
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7710-7055

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.