[Rdap] Volume 8, Issue 2 Special Issue: Research Data Access and Preservation 2019 of the Journal of eScience Librarianship is now available!

Goldman, Julie julie_goldman at harvard.edu
Wed Jan 8 13:49:47 EST 2020

Dear RDAP Community,

The Journal of eScience Librarianship (JeSLIB) is proud to publish a Special Issue for Research Data and Preservation (RDAP) Summit 2019. The JeSLIB Editors would like to thank guest editors, Tina Griffin (University of Illinois at Chicago), Rebekah Kati (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), Ali Krzton (Auburn University), and Lora Leligdon (Dartmouth College) for their dedication to open access and research data services, patience, and hard work in bringing together this special issue.

JeSLIB would also like to thank the RDAP community for your support and enthusiasm for JeSLIB and its mission to advance the theory and practice of librarianship focusing on services related to data-driven research and promoting high standards in peer review and open access.

Congrats to all the authors, both new and returning, for making this second Special Issue for the RDAP Summit a success!

The full issue is available at https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/jeslib/vol8/iss2. Thanks for reading!

Table of Contents

Volume 8, Issue 2 (2019) Special Issue: Research Data Access and Preservation 2019

Editorial

Special Issue: 2019 Research Data Access and Preservation Summit

Tina Griffin, Rebekah Kati, Ali Krzton, and Lora C. Leligdon

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1182

Full-Length Papers

Resurfacing Historical Scientific Data: A Case Study Involving Fruit Breeding Data

Shannon L. Farrell, Lois G. Hendrickson, Kristen L. Mastel, Katherine Adina Allen, and Julia A. Kelly

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1171

Peer Review of Research Data Submissions to ScholarsArchive at OSU: How can we improve the curation of research datasets to enhance reusability?

Clara Llebot and Steven Van Tuyl

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1166

Data Curation for Big Interdisciplinary Science: The Pulley Ridge Experience

Timothy B. Norris and Christopher C. Mader

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1172

A Carpentries Approach to ACRL Framework Instruction

Ari Gofman

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1173

Data Infrastructure and Local Stakeholder Engagement with Biodiversity Conservation Research

Ali Krzton

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1174

EScience in Action

Collaborating Externally and Training Internally to Support Research Data Services

Matthew R. Harp and Matt Ogborn

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1165

Writing With Librarians: Reporting Back on Turning Your Poster or Presentation Into an Article

Kristin Lee and Thea P. Atwood

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1168

Commentaries

How You Can Write More Inclusive Data Practitioner Job Postings

Joanna Thielen and Amy Neeser

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1167

A Small Liberal Arts College Librarian at RDAP: Observations on Translating our Work Between Institutions

Sarah K. Oelker

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1170

This is my First One: Finding and Building Community at RDAP Summit 2019

Ateanna Uriri

https://doi.org/10.7191/jeslib.2019.1178

For more on publishing in JeSLIB, please refer to author guidelines at http://escholarship.umassmed.edu/jeslib/styleguide.html

We look forward to more exciting developments in 2020 and see you in Santa Fe for RDAP20!!

Happy New Year from our Editorial Team!

Regards,

Regina Raboin, Editor-in-Chief

Sally Gore, Associate Editor

Lisa Palmer, Distribution Editor

Julie Goldman, Managing Editor

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/eGMNeguBIK6QXF29m5cyagufOP2tm0OftJ8lQ21CLqsSRvNBNKwLu0vw11yQLzKdYKvoIteW9bv0ZCjImVArj-w0KurFn_KTB3OF8gdnhSyBeSh0m78iny7NBxHTBCresX-MsvC9]Follow us on Twitter @JeSLIBJournal<https://twitter.com/JeSLIBJournal>