[Rdap] Datasets on surface roughness of milled metal parts

Joanna Thielen jethiele at umich.edu
Wed Mar 25 15:18:34 EDT 2020

Hi everyone!
I'm sure many of you are dealing with the same situation: our university
has stopped all non-essential research on campus so researchers are
scrambling to figure out how to modify their projects in order to work on
them remotely (which often means trying to locate and re-use existing
datasets).

Here's a request I received from a graduate student in the
multidisciplinary design program: "I’m looking to scout and secure some
datasets preferably consisting of images or related to images that showcase
surface roughness of milled metal parts/objects."

I've shared with the student some common data sources (our institutional
data repository, Google Dataset Search, Web of Science Data Citation Index,
etc.) Any thoughts on additional data sources would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks and stay healthy!
- Joanna

--
Joanna Thielen