[Rdap] Request for Open Peer Review on LISOER Textbook

Cameron Cook cameron.cook at wisc.edu
Fri Oct 9 10:50:25 EDT 2020

I am excited to share that the Open Data section of the Scholarly Communication Librarianship and Open Culture: Law, Economics, and Publishing<https://lisoer.wordpress.ncsu.edu/book/> (ACRL, forthcoming 2021) is now open for peer review by the LIS community. This content will be available for comment from October 5 – 25, 2020, and represents the first section of the LISOER textbook to undergo open peer review<https://lisoer.wordpress.ncsu.edu/2020/10/05/openreview_opendata/>. On behalf of the section editor (Brianna Marshall) and chapter authors (listed below), we invite you to share your feedback. We hope our section will be a helpful resource for LIS learners new to open data topics.

  1.  Introduction to Open Data<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dEahgCSnbOziEa2K1bAcNeOwpLhfUqBTxahc4Xob2Fw/edit?usp=sharing> by Cameron Cook

  2.  Managing, Sharing, and Publishing Data<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fZSW74q3zKQSrdBnUusn-HG03h0PeCb8_VUNkGKcX5I/edit?usp=sharing> by Susan Ivey, Sophia Lafferty-Hess, Peace Ossom-Williamson, & Katie Wilson

  3.  Supporting Reproducible Research<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NWjrs0NbCeD9rYtGp8Z17Vo1SDyOKMP_WfJ__XDcaso/edit?usp=sharing> by Gabriele Hayden, Tisha Mentnech, Franklin Sayre, & Vicky Steeves

  4.  Ethics of Open Data<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ygRujYKUaqy_8nhlx_kfWU4AL1blA0oooMRhAdBeP1c/edit?usp=sharing> by Brandon Locke & Nic Weber

Instructions for Reviewers

We’re using Google Docs, set to allow comments via the link above. When you open the documents, you may see comments in the drafts that indicate areas where the authors would like particular feedback, or noting that they will be making future additions. Some formatting and citation adjustments still need to be made, along with the addition of discussion questions and other supporting materials; however, these drafts represent a close-to-final version of the content as we envision it being published.

Anonymous review is permitted (log yourself out of Google!). Reviewers who wish to have their review acknowledged should sign their review with their preferred spelling. Critical feedback is welcome and appreciated; abusive or combative comments will be deleted and/or ignored. Be the reviewer you wish you had; help make this work the best it can be. For more information, please see this process overview and conduct expectations doc.

Thank you in advance to everyone who will take the time to share constructive ideas with us. We appreciate it!

Cameron Cook
Digital Curation Coordinator
Chair, Research Data Services<http://researchdata.wisc.edu/>
<http://researchdata.wisc.edu/>University of Wisconsin-Madison