[Rdap] Webinar on visualization in libraries, September 22

Jo Klein ejklein at uncg.edu
Tue Sep 8 15:07:19 EDT 2020

Greetings,

We would like to announce a public webinar on September 22nd at 1pm to 2pm
EST providing updates on Visualizing the Future
<https://visualizingthefuture.github.io/> grant work (IMLS
RE-73-18-0059-18). Visualizing the Future is an IMLS National Forum Grant
to develop a literacy-based instructional and research agenda for library
and information professionals with the aim to create a community of praxis
focused on data visualization. This grant, which has provided funding for
meetings for 13 fellows and 3 co-investigators, aims to create a diverse
community that will advance data visualization instruction and use beyond
hands-on, technology-based tutorials toward a nuanced, critical
understanding of visualization as a research product and form of expression.

Tune in to learn about:

   -

   The goals of the grant
   -

   Grant activities and projects, like our resources for new visualization
   librarians and our instruction modules in progress
   -

   Upcoming opportunities to join together as a community interested in
   visualization in libraries

We will plan to leave extensive time for public q&a and discussion. We
really want to know what the broader community is thinking and doing around
data visualization in libraries.

Details:

Visualizing the Future Live Update

Tuesday, September 22

1pm to 2pm Eastern time | 10am to 11am Pacific time | 5pm to 6pm UTC time

Registration Form <https://forms.gle/wsPtYhWVuxudVLS59>

You can read more about the grant on our website
<https://visualizingthefuture.github.io/>.

>From the Visualizing the Future Organizers:

Project Director

Justin Joque, Ph.D. (University of Michigan)

Project Co-Directors

Andrzej Rutkowski, M.A., M.S. (University of Southern California)

Angela Zoss, Ph.D. (Duke University)

Email project directors <visualizingthefuture at umich.edu>

--
*Jo Klein *
I use they/them/theirs pronouns; why pronouns matter
ejklein at uncg.edu
Schedule an appointment with me here
<https://uncg.libcal.com/appointments/JoKlein>

<https://library.uncg.edu/>

UNC Greensboro is a community of learners situated within a network of
historical and contemporary relationships with Native American tribes,
communities, parents, students, and alumni. We acknowledge that the land we
gather on has long served as the site of meeting and exchange amongst a
number of Indigenous peoples, specifically the Keyauwee and Saura.