[Rdap] Tracking data questions/requests

Mooney, Hailey mooneyh at mail.lib.msu.edu
Wed Aug 28 11:09:05 EDT 2013

I have also been thinking about tracking statistics. I put all of my data reference questions into the same pot as our regular reference question tracking system, which is desktracker, under our bibliographer statistics form. There is a field to annotate the questions, so I can write in the question text if I wanted to go back and pull up all the ones that were data/stats...although I have not actually done this.

I am planning to create a form in desktracker specifically for our data management consultations so we can track these separately. I am still working out all of the different criteria we want to collect. I believe these will eventually go into the same pot for total reference questions that we report to ARL.

Instruction sessions also have their own form in desktracker and the plan is to start putting our data management workshops in here too.

http://www.desktracker.com/

Hailey Mooney
Data Services and Reference Librarian
Liaison to Human Development & Family Studies, Social Work, Sociology
Michigan State University Libraries
366 W. Circle Drive
East Lansing, MI 48824
(517) 884-0857