[Rdap] Job Posting / Research Services Librarian / University of Manitoba / Winnipeg, Canada
Vera.Keown at umanitoba.ca
Thu Sep 19 10:08:40 EDT 2013
The University of Manitoba seeks a dynamic, highly motivated, service-oriented person for the position of Research Services Librarian at a General/Assistant Librarian rank to begin January 1, 2014, or as soon as possible thereafter. This position normally has a two year probationary period and the salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian, Services to Libraries, the Research Services Librarian is responsible for supporting the Libraries' contribution to two University-wide functions: scholarly communications and data management services.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
* A Master's degree in library and/or information studies from an ALA accredited or equivalent institution; consideration would be given to a candidate with a Master's degree or PhD in science, information science or related data-intensive discipline;
* Knowledge and understanding of best practices, current issues and trends in scholarly communication, open access publishing, and data management and curation;
* Experience managing projects and a complex workload;
* Demonstrated ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with diverse groups;
* Effective oral and written communication skills;
Candidates with the following qualifications will be preferred:
* 2 years' relevant experience in a library or research environment
Closing date: October 25, 2013
Vera Keown, B.Sc. (Honours), MLIS
Head, Sciences and Technology Library
University of Manitoba
211 Machray Hall, 186 Dysart Road
vera.keown at umanitoba.ca<mailto:vera.keown at umanitoba.ca>
This communication is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is confidential. Any other use, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by phone 204.474.8302 or reply to the message and then delete and destroy any copies of it.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RDAP