[Rdap] EVENT: Islandora Conference Updates and CFP Extended to May 15

Islandora Community community at islandora.ca
Mon May 4 13:46:03 EDT 2015

The world's first Islandora Conference is taking place this summer, August
3 - 7, in Charlottetown, PEI. Please note that Charlottetown is a beautiful
place to visit in the summer. So beautiful, in fact, that a lot of other
people will be visiting as well, so you should book your accommodations
early. We have a list of recommendations, including budget-friendly
on-campus housing at the conference venue, UPEI:
http://islandora.ca/camps/conference2015/travel

We have announced a series of two-hour workshops for Day Three and Four of
the conference:
http://islandora.ca/content/islandora-conference-proposed-workshops

Day One and Two will be taken up with regular conference sessions, and we
are extending the deadline for submissions. We are particularly interested
in submissions for posters. Proposals will be accepted until May 15th and
presenters will be notified soon afterwards.

The theme of the conference is Community - the Islandora community, the
community of people our institutions serve, the community of researchers
and librarians and developers who work together to curate digital assets,
and the community of open source projects that work together and in
parallel.

We are asking for your presentations, panels, and posters around this theme
and welcome your interpretations of what "community" means to you. Please
give us your contact details, a working title, and a brief synopsis of what
you would like to present. We will allow for updates to reflect changes as
your work develops, so just give us your best pitch with what you have now.

Please submit your ideas here:
http://islandora.ca/content/islandora-conference-call-proposals

Thank you,

The Islandora Team