[Rdap] Instructional material for teaching a class the importance of data dictionaries

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 22 16:38:32 EST 2016

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016, Doering, William wrote:

> I have been asked to do a library instruction session for an undergraduate
> business class covering the importance of creating a data dictionary.  I
> don't have specifics of what the faculty wants yet.  But, I would like
> something that's engaging for the student.  What have people developed?

See the third part of "Data Sharing and Management Snafu in 3 Short Acts",
starting around 2:45 ... although I'd show the whole thing, as it's only 5
minutes long:

 	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2zK3sAtr-4

(From NYU Health Sciences Library)

There are some similar videos that might focus more on what stupid things
people do w/ fields, such as "Data Management: Queries in clinical
trials":

 	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6C_GrZrbE

I know that I mentioned the first one when someone asked about videos some
time ago (last year?  beginning of the semester) ... but somewhere there's
a list of research data related videos.  (I assume it was this mailing
list, but it's possible it wasn't).

-Joe