[Rdap] crowdsourced data event case studies

Brianna Marshall brianna.marshall at wisc.edu
Wed Jul 20 14:15:58 EDT 2016

Apologies for cross-posting.

Librarians are increasingly taking part in organizing, planning, and partnering on data-related events, trainings, and workshops. To better capture this knowledge, we started a project to collect data event case studies from different institutions. We first introduced this idea at the Research Data Access and Preservation (RDAP) Summit<https://www.asis.org/rdap/program-2016/> held in Atlanta, Georgia, on May 4-6, 2016.

We've included case studies for Day of Data, Software Carpentry<http://software-carpentry.org/>, Data Carpentry<http://www.datacarpentry.org/>, Center for Open Science<https://cos.io/>, and other data events. Thank you to the following institutions who contributed their experiences: Yale University, the University of Oklahoma, University of Michigan, University of Kansas, University of Colorado Boulder, Oregon State University, University of Wisconsin, University of Cincinnati, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, and University of Alberta.

View the case studies here: https://osf.io/uwja6/

If you have any questions or would like to contribute a data event, please contact project organizers Brianna Marshall (brianna.marshall at wisc.edu<mailto:brianna.marshall at wisc.edu>) or Jamene Brooks-Kieffer (jamenebk at ku.edu<mailto:jamenebk at ku.edu>).

Thanks!
Brianna and Jamene

___

Brianna Marshall