[Rdap] Sponsorship opportunities for RDAP 2017 now open - Spread the word!

Lisa Johnston ljohnsto at umn.edu
Thu Jul 21 08:17:25 EDT 2016

Hi RDAP community,

The 2017 fundraising team would like your help in raising awareness about
our fundraising efforts for the upcoming RDAP conference
<http://www.asis.org/rdap/> to be held at the Renaissance Hotel in Seattle
on April 19-20, 2017. If we can meet our goal of raising $8,000 in support
of RDAP 2017 both participants and sponsors will benefit. Here is how you
can help:

*Become a Sponsor*
Sponsors of the RDAP Summit will get direct face-to-face networking time
and exposure with a core and growing group of over 120 library and
information professions that specialize in research data management. Our
audience consists of researchers and librarians from predominantly (but not
exclusively!) North American institutions in academic, government, and
private sectors and they work in areas that deal with issues such as data
storage, data analysis, massive data transfer, data curation, open
data/data publication, and digital preservation.

Interested? Take a look at the sponsorship levels and benefits on the 2017
RDAP Summit sponsorship webpage <http://www.asis.org/rdap/sponsors/> to
determine how your organization will participate in one of the most valued
data-themed library conference in the United States. Then reply to this
message or contact someone on our team. Vendor table space is limited, so
hurry to secure your spot at RDAP 2017!

*Not a sponsor but want to help? Connect us!*
Please share this message with anyone who could be a potential sponsor. Our
growing network of research data professionals and vendors is what makes
RDAP special and your help is much appreciated! If we successfully meet our
fundraising goals this year we will significantly lower registration costs
for all attendees and make RDAP 2017 another impactful event for you and
your colleagues.

Either way that you decide to help, let’s remember to keep RDAP special!
RDAP is a small and engaged community looking to build partnerships and
learning opportunities with our colleagues in the non-profit and commercial
spheres. A sponsor of RDAP should be equally excited to be a partner with
the practitioners and institutions present and recognize that we all
benefit from community-building and dialog.

Thanks for your essential support and involvement with our fundraising this
year!

RDAP Fundraising Team 2017
Lisa Johnston, Megan O'Donnell, and Tim Norris
RDAP: http://www.asis.org/rdap/sponsors/

*Download Sponsorship Flyer for sharing*
http://www.asis.org/rdap/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Sponsor-RDAP-2017.pdf
--

Lisa Johnston

University of Minnesota Libraries
108 Walter Library, Minneapolis, MN 55455
Hangouts: ljohnsto at umn.edu / Skype: ifylawwt

http://lib.umn.edu/datamanagement  |   http://conservancy.umn.edu

ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6908-9240