[Rdap] CrossRef or Other DOIs for Data Sets

Lake, Sherry Heitchew (sah) sah at virginia.edu
Thu Sep 15 19:31:12 EDT 2016

Hi Alvin and the rest of RDAP,

UVa has subscribed to EZID (through the CDL) to get ALL of our DOIs. We have an ETD repository (based on Hydra-Sufia) and a data repository (our local instance of Dataverse).

The DOIs for our data repository are generated by EZID and metadata sent to DataCIte.

The DOIs for our ETD repository are also generated by EZID, but then sent to CrossRef.

Here’s the EZID page that describes which EZID accounts are eligible to use this CrossRef service.

http://ezid.cdlib.org/learn/crossref_faq

Our thought was datasets should be described using DataCite metadata (meant for data) and ETDs (and eventually our Open Access materials) would be better suited going into CrossRef and with EZID it both is possible.

I’ll be glad to answer any questions.

--
Sherry Lake                                              shlake at virginia.edu<mailto:shlake at virginia.edu>
*Keeper of the Dataverse*