[Rdap] [ICADL 2017] Call for Workshop Proposals (new deadline)

Songphan Choemprayong songphan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 07:49:19 EDT 2017

[apologies for cross-posting.]
Call for Workshop Proposals
The 19th International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries (ICADL
2017)
November 13 – 15, 2017
Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
http://www.icadl2017.org

The 19th International Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries (ICADL
2017) invites researchers and practitioners to submit proposals for
workshops to be held in conjunction with the main conference. The workshops
are to provide venues for participants with an opportunity for in-depth
discussion of current and emerging topics of the digital libraries. They
can range in format from formal, perhaps centering on presentation of
refereed papers, to informal, perhaps centering on extended roundtable
discussion among the selected participants.

The workshops will be held on the November 15th, 2017 at the same venue of
the main conference. They should cover the topic in 1.5 hours or 3 hours
(half-day) session. Check schedule for more details
http://icadl2017.org/program.html.

The topics and details are shown below but not limited to,

·        Digital preservation of cultural heritage

o   How can we preserve the context of cultural heritage?

o   How do we curate cultural heritage appropriate to particular time
periods and cultural contexts?

o   Where are extant systems currently strong where can they be improved?

o   What frontiers in digital libraries research can be extended through
investigation in digital preservation of cultural heritage?

·        Digital Humanities research

o   What insights can we gain from comparing digital humanities research
with digital libraries research?

o   How do we add value to digital collections using digital humanities
research?

o   What findings from digital humanities research inform core activities
of digital librarianship, like cataloguing, indexing, and service provision?

·        Data science for digital library

o   What insights can we gain by applying data science in digital library?

o   How can librarians benefit from analysis of the existing data?

o   How can we collect and organize heterogeneous and unstructured data?

o   What are the related issues such as data privacy, openness and
story-telling?
Important dates

·        Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline: 7 August 2017

·        Workshop Proposal Acceptance Notification: 11 August 2017

·        Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: will announce by each workshop

·        Workshop Paper Acceptance Notification: will announce by each
workshop (before 30 September 2017)

·        Workshop Camera Ready Paper and Copyright: will announce by each
workshop

Workshop Proposal Guidelines

Your workshop proposal must contain the following information:

·        Workshop title

·        The names, affiliations and contacts of the organizers (Please
mark the primary contact person)

·        A topic description and its relevance (objectives, motivation, and
scope) of not more than 500 words

·        Proposed duration of the workshop (1.5 or 3 hours)

·        Proposed format and agenda

·        Estimated number of submissions and acceptance rate

·        Estimated number of intended participants

·        A brief 1-page CV of the workshop organizers

·        A list of the workshop program committee (if available)

·        Evaluation process for selecting papers and participants (it is
recommended that each paper is reviewed by 3 distinct members of the
workshop program committee)

·        Proposed keynote/invited speakers

·        History of the workshop (if applicable, please provide venues,
dates, accepted paper numbers, and estimated participant numbers)

·        Workshop website URL (if available)
Submissions

Please ensure that you adhere to the above workshop proposal guidelines
using no more than 5 pages in length.

Please submit your workshop proposal electronically in PDF format to the
workshop committee chair.
Proceedings

Accepted papers of all the workshops will be published in the CEUR Workshop
Proceedings (http://ceur-ws.org) as a ‘Workshop Proceedings of ICADL 2017’
(unless the workshop organizers wish to publish them separately).

At least one author for each accepted workshop paper will need to register
for the workshop.

For any further information, please send an email directly to the workshop
committee chair.
Workshop Committee Chair

Marut Buranarach
marut.bur at nectec.or.th

Language and Semantic Technology Lab, National Electronics and Computer
Technology Center (NECTEC), Thailand

--
Songphan Choemprayong, Ph.D.
Lecturer