[Rdap] RDAP 2018 prep update - registration ends March 6th!

Jonathan Petters jpetters at vt.edu
Mon Feb 26 14:00:19 EST 2018

RDAP 2018 is now 3 weeks away and we are very excited to gather with you in
Chicago!

Registration is open until Tuesday, March 6th so register
<https://www.asist.org/events/rdap-summit/registration-information/> if you
haven’t already done so. The program is online
<https://www.asist.org/rdap/program-2018/> and we will continue to add to
it as we have more information to share.

We are excited to announce that Tom Schenk <http://tomschenkjr.net/about/>,
the Chief Data Officer of Chicago, is our keynote speaker! He will kick off
the Summit on Wednesday morning (March 21st).

The presentations will be available on the RDAP 2018 OSF meetings page
<https://osf.io/view/rdap2018/> and many of them will be invited to publish
in an upcoming edition of the Journal of e-Science Librarianship (JeSLIB).

The Sponsorship committee has broken the $30K mark. You can learn more
about the RDAP 2018 sponsors <https://www.asist.org/rdap/2018-sponsors/>
through Twitter #RDAP18, blog posts <https://www.asist.org/rdap/blog/>, and
at the conference.

We are organizing dine-arounds for Wednesday night after the reception.
Stay tuned for more information about that.

Finally, we hope you enjoyed our RDAP-sponsored webinar “How Researchers
Use Open Source Tools to Facilitate Collaboration
<https://www.asist.org/rdap/webinar-how-researchers-use-open-source-tools-to-facilitate-collaboration/>”
on January 23. Thanks so much to our Webinar committee for getting this
together!

Please get in touch with us if you have any questions or feedback.

Best,

Amy Neeser & Jon Petters

RDAP 2018 co-chairs