[Rdap] Mountain West Data Librarian Symposium seeks Planning Committee

Chealsye Bowley chealsye at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 13:28:26 EST 2018

In 2016, two librarians outside the midwest attended the Midwest Data
Librarian Symposium <https://mwdatalibrariansymposium.wordpress.com/> eager
to learn and connect with the data librarian community. We left wishing our
own regions had similar symposia, so we're now planning a Mountain West
Data Librarian Symposium to be held in July/August 2018 in the Denver metro
area. The symposium will be modeled after the fantastic low-cost, hands-on
MDLS that is now in its fourth successful year. We are seeking a few more
planning committee members to join from the region.

Planning Committee would be required to:
· Participate in monthly conference calls
· Use Google Docs to coordinate planning
· Attend MWDLS in the metro area of Denver, Colorado in July/August 2018
· Help select, develop, and/or host sessions

To apply please send an email to chealsye at gmail.com that includes a short
statement on why you wish to participate in the planning committee and what
data related topics you'd like included at the inaugural Mountain West Data
Librarian Symposium. You do not need to be a data librarian to serve on the
committee member, and those in other positions, not presently working in a
library, or between jobs are welcome to participate.

Best,
Chealsye