[Rdap] 2019 conference

Ann Madhavan albm at uw.edu
Tue Jul 24 09:47:43 EDT 2018

Hi Paul,
The announcement below came out in June...

Ann

Hello RDAP Community,

The RDAP board received some excellent applications (thank
 you to all who applied!) from our past sponsors to host the 2019 conference. We are excited to announce that RDAP 2019 will be hosted at the
University of Miami
 May 15-16, with workshops tentatively scheduled for May 17, 2019. Save the date and expect more details to follow soon.

Also, the Board has discussed the importance of transparency
 regarding our activities, so we will be reaching out regularly with news of our progress.

Current activities:

Listserv moved from ASIS&T to Kunverj’s server’s:
Kunverj
is our conference manager. The updated e-mail address is:
rdap at kunverj.com

The RDAP website is in the process of being moved from ASIS&T to Kunverj’s servers.
 It will look similar but we will have more control over the content.

We are in the process of completing 501c-3 documents for non-profit status and
 plan to submit the documents by the end of the summer, as the RDAP Association.

We are in the process of writing our by-laws, which will be submitted to the community
 for vetting around the time of our 501c-3 submission

We are working on documentation of conference chair responsibilities that will
 be shared in conjunction with the past 4 years worth of conference planning materials

We have spoken with
Research Data Alliance
(RDA) about how we might compliment one another’s organizations, possibly with RDAP taking a role as vetting best practices produced by RDA
 working groups

We will be speaking with the
National Data Integrity
 Conference (NDIC) organizers, as there is some interest from that community in working with RDAP.

We are actively discussing Community inclusion and want to see this translate
 into more inclusive conference programming, conference venue consideration (including geography), educational programming, etc.

If you have any questions, you can always email us at
RDAPBoard at gmail.com.

Best,
Erica Johns
President, RDAP Executive Board

RDAP Executive Board:
President: Erica Johns
Vice President: Jake Carlson
Past President: Amy Neeser
Secretary: Kristin Briney
Elections Coordinator: Christine Wiley
Treasurer: Amy Koshoffer
Bylaws: Daureen Nesdill

Erica M. Johns
Research Data and Environmental Sciences Librarian
Liaison to BEE, EEB, FSAD, NTRES
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3068-3143

Albert R. Mann Library
Cornell University