[Rdap] RDAP 2019 conference venue + dates
Erica Mehan Johns
emj73 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 18 12:25:44 EDT 2018
Hello RDAP Community,
The RDAP board received some excellent applications (thank you to all who applied!) from our past sponsors to host the 2019 conference. We are excited to announce that RDAP 2019 will be hosted at the University of Miami<https://welcome.miami.edu/> May 15-16, with workshops tentatively scheduled for May 17, 2019. Save the date and expect more details to follow soon.
Also, the Board has discussed the importance of transparency regarding our activities, so we will be reaching out regularly with news of our progress.
* Listserv moved from ASIS&T to Kunverj’s server’s: Kunverj <https://kunverj.com/> is our conference manager. The updated e-mail address is: rdap at kunverj.com<mailto:rdap at kunverj.com>
* The RDAP website is in the process of being moved from ASIS&T to Kunverj’s servers. It will look similar but we will have more control over the content.
* We are in the process of completing 501c-3 documents for non-profit status and plan to submit the documents by the end of the summer, as the RDAP Association.
* We are in the process of writing our by-laws, which will be submitted to the community for vetting around the time of our 501c-3 submission
* We are working on documentation of conference chair responsibilities that will be shared in conjunction with the past 4 years worth of conference planning materials
* We have spoken with Research Data Alliance <https://www.rd-alliance.org/> (RDA) about how we might compliment one another’s organizations, possibly with RDAP taking a role as vetting best practices produced by RDA working groups
* We will be speaking with the National Data Integrity Conference<http://www.ndicannual.com/> (NDIC) organizers, as there is some interest from that community in working with RDAP.
* We are actively discussing Community inclusion and want to see this translate into more inclusive conference programming, conference venue consideration (including geography), educational programming, etc.
If you have any questions, you can always email us at RDAPBoard at gmail.com<mailto:RDAPBoard at gmail.com>.
President, RDAP Executive Board
RDAP Executive Board:
President: Erica Johns
Vice President: Jake Carlson
Past President: Amy Neeser
Secretary: Kristin Briney
Elections Coordinator: Christine Wiley
Treasurer: Amy Koshoffer
Bylaws: Daureen Nesdill
Erica M. Johns
Research Data and Environmental Sciences Librarian
Liaison to BEE, EEB, FSAD, NTRES
Albert R. Mann Library
Ithaca, NY 14853
Tel: (607) 255-0158
Email: emj73 at cornell.edu<mailto:emj73 at cornell.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RDAP