[Rdap] Specialized Data Curation Workshop 1 - Applications Now Open!
Wendy A. Kozlowski
wak57 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 29 13:45:18 EDT 2018
Share your subject, functional or data expertise and help extend library curation capacity!
Now accepting applications to attend the Fall 2018 Specialized Data Curation Workshop<https://sites.google.com/site/datacurationnetwork/workshops/workshop-1---october-17-18>, the first of three workshops hosted by the Data Curation Network<http://datacurationnetwork.org>. The workshop will be held October 17-18, 2018 directly after the DLF Forum 2018<https://forum2018.diglib.org/> in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This free 1.5 day training session<https://sites.google.com/site/datacurationnetwork/workshops> will bring together library data specialists and discipline/functional experts in a peer-to-peer learning environment for specialized data curation.
1. Increase understanding of data curation practices and tools in various disciplines, data types, and formats
2. Share expertise and enhance curation capacity for librarians nationwide
3. Meet like-minded colleagues who are interested in building and extending curation practices at their institutions
Who should attend:
* Subject specialists and library staff with functional expertise
* Library staff who are tasked with curating research data
* Library staff who are interested in expanding their knowledge of curation practices into new formats or disciplines
* Those interested in sharing their expertise and developing data curation primers. (What's a primer?<https://sites.google.com/site/datacurationnetwork/workshops/curation-primers>)
Workshop applications are now open! <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScH3mHqtn8uMm0evwyUu3D9f8Q-aJeaecdNm_tXmDqDb3ViBg/viewform> There is no cost for the workshop, but we are limited in the number of attendees we can support. To ensure a good mix of library data staff, subject specialists, and functional experts we've established an application and selection process for the first workshop.
Scholarships<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfTW8OQOpcu5yrGoMLQpXXGSPD9IyT1bsLg0hJ_WufuHqX1mQ/viewform> are available for participants who would like to attend the workshop but have limited resources. We encourage scholarship applications from students, new professionals, and members of underrepresented groups.
These workshops<https://sites.google.com/site/datacurationnetwork/workshops> are made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services RE-85-18-0040-18 and with support from the partner institutions in the Data Curation Network, http://datacurationnetwork.org.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RDAP