[Rdap] Job Posting: Data Curation Librarian @ U of Pgh

Ratajeski, Melissa Anne mar at pitt.edu
Fri Jun 29 22:17:17 EDT 2018

Hello,

Posting the below for a colleague.  This is not my library so I can't answer many related questions, other than Pitt is a great place to work!

The Data Curation Librarian is a full-time Librarian position in the ULS Digital Scholarship Services unit, responsible for providing support and expertise to faculty, students, and researchers engaged in research data management planning, data acquisition, data sharing, and long-term data stewardship. This position emphasizes connections to research in the sciences and social sciences, but may support data practices in a wide variety of disciplines, as well as supporting the library’s own data curation initiatives. In this forward-facing and highly-collaborative position, the Data Curation Librarian draws on a broad knowledge of research data management and stewardship, disciplinary data practices, excellent communication skills, and the ability to monitor and creatively respond to emerging researcher data needs. The position reports to the Digital Scholarship Librarian.

For more information see here: https://www.library.pitt.edu/data-curation-librarian

Melissa

Data Curation Librarian | University Library System (ULS)<https://www.library.pitt.edu/data-curation-librarian>
www.library.pitt.edu
Search the site . University Library System (ULS) Find. Articles; Databases; Books; Ejournals; Archives & Special Collections

Melissa Ratajeski, MLIS, AHIP, RLAT
Coordinator of Data Management Services;
IACUC Liaison

Health Sciences Library System,
University of Pittsburgh
200 Scaife Hall, 3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-1971
Fax: 412-648-8819
email: mar at pitt.edu