[Rdap] RDAP Association progress + request for COMMUNITY FEEDBACK on the RDAP values statement

Erica Mehan Johns emj73 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 9 13:34:43 EST 2018

Hello RDAP community!

I am writing on behalf of RDAP leadership to give a progress report + solicit community input on RDAP's value statement.

Progress

*         Conference: Call for proposals for RDAP19: http://rdapassociation.org/cfp/ . Proposals will be accepted through November 16, 2018

*         Sponsorship: We are starting to reach out to sponsors for RDAP 19, if you have ideas for potential sponsors, please reach out to Trisha Adamus (adamus at wisc.edu<mailto:adamus at wisc.edu>)

*         Community communication: Revisit our blog: http://rdapassociation.org/blog/ , we've started with a post about the history of RDAP, a "newbie" experience at RDAP, and more!

*         Advocacy: RDAP submitted a statement for the Federal Data Strategy<http://rdapassociation.org/rdap-response-federal-data-strategy/> and provided talking points for attendees of the APLU/AAU "Workshop on Accelerating Public Access to Research Data"  Oct 29-30

*         Publishing: JeSLIB RDAP issue is in the works

*         Education: Participate in our first in a series of RDAP webinars called "Where the Data Repo Meets the Road"<http://rdapassociation.org/rdap-webinar-where-the-data-repo-meets/>

*         Community Merger: We are in the process of folding NDIC into the RDAP association, and look forward to discussing issues of data ethics and integrity at RDAP19

*         Business: The RDAP Association is incorporated in Ohio. We will be finishing our bylaws in the next few weeks and submitting these with our 501c-3 status

RDAP Values Statement

Please take a look at the RDAP Values statement<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ungO1mwJUuwnwZfF3cTIvRbPh-yMLkxKIkXMKE3ThE/edit?usp=sharing> that has been constructed by the RDAP leadership team (Executive Board and Chairs of Action Committees) and provide feedback<https://cornell.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3U9EjuXzJG3C9tb> by Nov 30, 2018.

As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns that we can help to address.

Best,
Erica
President, RDAP Association Executive Board

Erica M. Johns
Research Data & Environmental Sciences Librarian
Liaison to BEE, EEB, FSAD, NTRES
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3068-3143

Albert R. Mann Library
Cornell University