[Rdap] What's your favorite online RDM training?

Katherine Skinner katherine at educopia.org
Wed Oct 10 08:35:20 EDT 2018

Hi Amy,

A good basic introduction to many of the topics covered in Research Data
Management is provided in these materials:
https://educopia.org/research/etdplus which were produced by Educopia in
partnership with 12 research libraries that have a data specialization
through an IMLS-funded project a year ago.

Even though our team produced these with a focus on content produced as
part of an ETD, the content covered is inclusive of all research outputs.

It is free training, and there are several ways to engage with it,
including through those virtual workshops and all of their subcomponents.
Michael Boock, Michael Witt, Holly Mercer, Sam Meister, Cal Lee, and others
were involved in the creation of this set, including both the recorded
workshop components and the full "Toolkit" that we produced to enable
librarians to use and adapt the curriculum for their own purposes. All of
the material is CC-BY licensed. I hope it's helpful as an option for your
student!

All my best,
Katherine

*Katherine Skinner, PhD*