[Rdap] [RDAP] How much data should researchers *actually* publicly deposit?

Jonathan Petters jpetters at vt.edu
Fri Sep 7 08:46:01 EDT 2018

I'll add that I usually tell NSF proposal writers to say in their DMP that
they publicly share what data they're willing and able to. In many cases I
can get them to agree that at least sharing the data displayed in
figures/plots would be useful to their colleagues, and some are willing to
go further in sharing raw data and processing scripts.

To follow NSF's policy, I agree with Sebastian that if

   - the peer reviewers of your proposal are alright with your DMP (and
   what you say you will share),
   - the program officer is alright with your DMP, and
   - you eventually share what you say you will,

You're currently good with NSF. And really, the third bullet is a maybe at
this time; it's not clear NSF is really checking DMP compliance at present.
But they may in the future, and all the funding agencies say that
non-compliance with a DMP may count against a prospective PI in future
funding proposals.

-Jon

--
Jonathan Petters Ph.D.
Data Management Consultant and Curation Services Coordinator