[Rdap] Call for Submissions: RDAP 2019 Special Issue

Raboin, Regina Regina.Raboin at umassmed.edu
Mon Jun 3 12:53:11 EDT 2019

The Research Data Access and Preservation Association (RDAP) and the Journal of eScience Librarianship (JeSLIB) are pleased to continue their partnership and announce that there will be a Special Issue published by JeSLIB for the 2019 RDAP Summit.

The 2019 Special Issue will focus on the Summit's themes, "Building Communities: How Different Communities are Impacted by Our Systems, Technology, Values, and Practices; Who Our Communities are By and For; and Data Services Examined through a Critical Lens."

This is an open submissions call, and we encourage all presenters (talk, poster, presentation), especially first-time presenters, to submit. We are also encouraging new and veteran RDAP Summit attendees to write and submit Commentaries to the special issue - it's a great way to jump into scholarly pGuidelines for authors can be found at https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/jeslib/styleguide.html<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/jeslib/styleguide.html&sa=D&ust=1559269864739000>. Please read and follow these instructions carefully when preparing your manuscript.

Need help getting started? Thea Atwood and Kristine Lee gave a wonderful presentation at RDAP 2019 on "Turning Your Poster or Presentation into an Article." View their super helpful slides:https://tufts.box.com/s/ndnlczxgkenb7480d4wf5ln8zuq5u9wd<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://tufts.box.com/s/ndnlczxgkenb7480d4wf5ln8zuq5u9wd&sa=D&ust=1559269864740000>

To submit your paper, go to https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/cgi/submit.cgi?context=jeslib<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/cgi/submit.cgi?context%3Djeslib&sa=D&ust=1559269864740000>

Your manuscript will be subject to a full, double-blind peer review process and copy editing. Commentaries are not peer reviewed, but are read and edited by the guest editors and editor-in-chief.

Along with submitting the paper you should also submit a cover letter clearly explaining the paper's premise and additional changes or submissions made to presentation content when writing the paper.

The schedule for this special issue is as follows:

June 30, 2019

Submission deadline

June 30 to August 1, 2019

Peer review and notification of decision

September 15, 2019

Upload revised manuscript

October 15, 2019

Copy editing

November 1 - 15, 2019

Processing and publishing

Please note acceptance of all articles/commentaries is not guaranteed, although we hope that all authors whose manuscripts are of high quality will be accepted.

Guest Editors

Tina Griffin, University of Illinois at Chicago

Rebekah Kati, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Ali Krzton, Auburn University

Lora Leligdon, Dartmouth College

JeSLIB Editorial Team

Regina Raboin, Editor-in-Chief, University of Massachusetts Medical School

Sally Gore, Associate Editor, University of Massachusetts Medical School

Julie Goldman, Managing Editor, Harvard Medical School

Lisa Palmer, Distribution Editor, University of Massachusetts Medical School

Regina Fisher Raboin, MSLIS
Associate Director
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of eScience Librarianship (JESLIB)<http://escholarship.umassmed.edu/jeslib/>
Lamar Soutter Library
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655

Phone: 1.508.856.2099
Fax: 1.508.856.5899
regina.raboin at umassmed.edu<mailto:regina.raboin at umassmed.edu>
http://works.bepress.com/regina_raboin/
ORCID: 0000-0002-5723-6060

Lamar Soutter Library: "A Leader in Service and Learning"

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy or permanently delete all copies of the original message.