[Rdap] Curating Restricted Use/Sensitive Research Data at Your Institution

Hannah Calkins hrcalkins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 10:53:10 EDT 2019

Hi Jen,

At Children's Hospital of Philadelphia we are curating and archiving
research data that falls under a number of restricted use / sensitive
umbrellas including PHI, mental health & substance use records, and study
specific restrictions coming from consent & protocol documentation.  For
access, we utilize an environment similar to the one you described (no
direct download) although that process is still in development. We have
built (are building - ongoing) our own system to manage both the archival
process and the access systems.  We primarily work within the second
service model you described, because our goal is (internal) sharing if and
when appropriate, but there are some cases where we may provide services
more akin to the first model you described.  We do not currently provide
any type of public access.  I would be happy to talk with you or someone
from your team about what we've set up so far, how its working, etc. if
that sounds useful!

Hannah Calkins

Metadata Librarian
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia