[Rdap] Box to other storage solutions - messaging to campus?

David Bleckley dbleckle at umich.edu
Thu Apr 23 10:50:22 EDT 2020

Hi Betty,

I apologize that this email goes on a tangent rather than addressing your
immediate request, but I wonder if this might also be an opportunity to
provide outreach on data management best practices for researchers as well.

Data management and storage issues are interrelated, since poorly managed
workspaces with old projects (which could be shared in repositories) and
massive undeleted temporary data files quickly become storage issues.

It could help with your initial messaging request too because it turns a
perceived negative change into an opportunity to clean up and streamline
management practices.

Just an idea,
David

--
David Bleckley (he/him/his)
Data Project Manager - Mid-century Census Project, CivicLEADS
dbleckle at umich.edu
734-615-7967