[Rdap] Today: IASSIST Webinar of free QDAS tools

Sebastian Karcher skarcher at maxwell.syr.edu
Mon Feb 17 08:53:29 EST 2020

Dear all,

IASSIST is hosting a webinar about the free&libre QDAS tools Taguette and qcoder today. Typically these webinars are for IASSIST members only, but we have successfully advocated for this instance to be open to the public - I hope it'll be of interest to some here (and sorry for the late notice!). Full announcement below

Sebastian

You are invited to attend the next IASSIST community webinar on February 17, 2020 (noon-1pm EST). This is a reminder to reserve your spot today. This webinar is open to IASSIST members and also the community-at-large - so please share this announcement.

Thank you,
Amy

Register now:
http://myumi.ch/lxg27

Title:
Free Qualitative Data Analysis with Taguette and qcoder! (an IASSIST webinar)

Presenter:
Vicky Steeves is an academic librarian and open* advocate and a member of the Taguette team.

Qualitative researchers have long suffered from a lack of free tools for their analysis work; researchers with no access to research funds either have to pay out-of-pocket or create inventive hacks (like cutting/pasting into Excel!) to get their work done. It's not right or fair that qualitative researchers without funds cannot afford the basic software to do their research. So, to bolster a fair and equitable entry into qualitative methods, we've made qcoder and Taguette! Taguette is a free and open source qualitative analysis tool that works on desktop and in-browser to enable collaboration with colleagues. qcoder is a free and open source R package for qualitative analysis that works with the entire R ecosystem. Participants in this webinar will learn more how to use qcoder and Taguette for their qualitative work.

Sebastian Karcher, Ph.D. | Associate Director
Qualitative Data Repository
Moynihan Institute | Maxwell School
346H Eggers Hall
Syracuse, New York 13244